- Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Yealands Family Wines (Promotion) form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Terms and Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding.
- The "Promoter" is Yealands Family Wines, cnr Seaview and Reserve Roads, Seddon, Blenheim, New Zealand
- Entry into the Promotion is only open to entrants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- who are over the legal drinking age of 19 years. Proof will be required to verify this.
- who have access to the internet to be able to enter. Entries via post will not be accepted.
- who are permanent full time legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec. Proof may be required to verify this.
- who have a current passport and are eligible to travel to New Zealand. If travel documents such as a visa are required, this is the responsibility of the prize winner to attain these and ensure compliance with travel conditions.
- who register their contact details in accordance with condition 7; and
- The winner will be required to sign a document in a form acceptable to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (“LCBO”) releasing the LCBO, its directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability of any kind in connection with the contest, or occurring as a result of the prize being awarded.
- To be eligible to win, the entrant must not be an employee or a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (“LCBO”), and employee of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) or of any licensees authorized by the AGCO, or of the independent contest organization.
- The LCBO and AGCO are not connected to this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way for any matter related to this contest.
- The prize must be accepted on an “as is” and no substitutions will be granted.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and decisions of the independent contest organization, which are final.
How to Play
- An Entrant can enter the Promotion in the following way (‘Entry’)
- Purchase a promotional collared bottle of Peter Yealands wine from participating retailers and visit www.yealands.co.nz/winNZ (during the Promotion Period). Register the entrant’s full name, age, phone number, city, country, and e-mail address.
- Purchase is not necessary for all entries.
- Contest begins on 01 February 2018 and completes on 31 May 2018, and the draw will be conducted on 08 June 2018.
- One winner to be selected at random via an on-line automated selection system.
- Entries are limited to one unique entry per day.
- The chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the individual who is the registered holder of the e-mail or mobile phone account. The Promoter will not verify receipt of entries. Automated entries, including without limitation, auto-remailers, are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will result in disqualification.
- Incomplete entries will be voided ineligible. All entries become the property of Promoter and will not be returned.
- Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible.
- The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; lost entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems.
Major Prize Trip to New Zealand
- There is one trip for two people to New Zealand to be won to the value of CAD$8,000. Travel dates are subject to availability at the time of booking. Travel must be completed by June 2019.
- The prize components include:
- Return economy flights from Canada, from the closest international airport. Flight conditions include one checked in piece of luggage per person. Prize does not include transport/transfers to the airport in Canada.
- Ten nights’ accommodation for two people in the equivalent of four star lodgings.
- Airport transfers if required for two people from each New Zealand airport destination to accommodation.
- The trip must include a VIP tour and tasting at Yealands Estate Wines Seaview Vineyard in Blenheim, Marlborough.
- NZD$1,000 spending money in the form of a pre-loaded visa card will also be given to the winner. This is to be used at the winner’s discretion.
- Prize does not include lunch or dinner each day unless specified with the activity.
- The prize winner is responsible for all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property), expenses and any arrangements not specifically included in the prize.
- The prize can be extended beyond ten days, but all costs incurred will need to be covered by the winner.
- The prize does not include departure or government taxes. These are the responsibility of the winner.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (and its associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents) is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including (without limitation) personal injury or property damage, suffered as a result of or arising from any person participating in the competition or in connection with winning (or not winning), using or benefiting from the prize.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with any suspension, modification or termination.
Personal Information and Privacy
- Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from entrants will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in New Zealand, including the Privacy Act.
- By entering the promotion all entrants consent to all personal information collected, including but not limited to first and last names, e-mail, city and country, to be entered into Yealands Wine Group database and to accept promotional communications. All communications will include an “opt out” option.
- Prize winners may be required to take part in marketing activity in respect of the promotion. The Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
- Entrants may access, and request correction of, their personal information held by the Promoter by contacting +64 9 920 2880.
General Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Conditions of Entry shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
- Any costs associated with entering the competition or associated with the use of the prize after installation are the responsibility of the entrants.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings or the use of the prize winnings. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
- Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes a prize-winner's consent to the Promoter’s use of the prize-winner's name, likeness, opinions and address for: (1) any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notice; and (2) any disclosure of such information by the Promoter required by law, and it is a condition of entry that in order to claim the prize, prize-winners must agree to execute any necessary consents and releases to effect the foregoing.
- Any cancellation, suspension or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter’s website: www.yealands.co.nz/winNZ and will be deemed effective when so notified.
- If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms and Conditions of Entry shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) had not been inserted herein.
This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with Canadian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.