Explore Yealands Estate by navigating through live video feeds, time lapse videos and real-time climate data captured at our Seaview Vineyard and Winery in Marlborough, New Zealand. Immerse yourself into our world, raise a glass and tag your photos with #yealandslive on our social media wall and bookmark our events calendar, we’d love to say hello!
YEALANDS YAK 2016
WHERE: Yealands Estate, Seaview Road, Seddon, Marlborough
The Yak is an all women team trail event around Yealands Estate on the stunning Marlborough Coast. Teams of 2-8 women walk, jog or run in pairs around vineyard trails of 2-8 km. And when you’re not hitting the trails, it’s the perfect time to take a break, catch up, enjoy the company and have a good yak.
THE YAK EXPLAINED
- It’s a team event, you can choose a team size of 2-8 women.
- Trails are completed in pairs, 2 team members per trail.
- You can enter as a walking or running team.
Please note: walking teams are not permitted to jog or run, but it’s okay for running teams to walk if they choose. If you have a mixed team that includes walkers and runners you will need to register as a running team. Running teams have 6 hours to complete as many laps as they can of an 8 trail course. Walking teams have 7 hours to complete as many laps as they can of a 6 trail course.
- The trails must be done in numerical order. Once a team has completed a full lap of all of the trails in numerical order, they start back again at trail 1.
- On each trail is a passport stamp station. Each team has an event passport that must get stamped at each passport station. Then it’s back to the start to tag your team mates.
- Each team is issued a timing transponder that must be worn by one of the pair while on course, before starting a trail, double check you have the team timing transponder and passport.
- The team that completes the most trails/laps in the time allocated wins!